StrawBerry Freezer Jam
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 package powdered pectin (sur-gel)
- 1 cup water
Yields 5 or 6 half-pint jars
- Sort and wash fully ripe berries.
- Remove caps and stems.
- Crush berries.
- Place prepared berries in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, mix well, and let stand for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve pectin in water and boil for 1 minute.
- Add pectin solution to berry/sugar mixture and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour jam into freezer containers or canning jars, leaving 1/2″ head space.
- Cover containers and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours or until jam sets.
- Label and freeze.
- Store up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator after opening.